Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance
Improve your Triathlon
Race tips to help you to keep improving
Here are a few tips to help you to keep improving those times or at least to prepare yourself for the day if you are considering entering a race over the up-coming season.
The 5 P’s – Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance
- Know the course & train Specifically
- Reconnaissance course prior to race day
- Find out any last minute course changes
- Train for the course
- Increase training mileage if moving up a distance
Race often – even if it’s a train through race – you can’t get a better workout. And it’s nearly impossible to create the same sensations while training. (Incorporate regular time trials into your training to help gauge performance and progress. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the structure and format of your training program.
- Don’t try new tricks on race day
- Work on you weak link/s
- Wear race gear under wetsuit
- Employ a coach / advisor
- Mentally rehearse
- Test yourself
- The 4th event of the race = Nutrition
- Trial in training – Don’t try something new on race day
- Easily digested foods, Liquid meals – eg Infinit
- Increase fluid intake in days leading up to race
- Whatever you feel comfortable with and what works for you
- On Race Day warm up, aim for at least 15-20 min
- Best to do warm up in order – Run / bike / swim
- The aim of the warm up is to get your heart rate up to your high-end aerobic range, slowly over a 15-20 minute period. Up to 80% of max.
You will want to experiment with this to see what is best for you.
The fitter you are the greater warm up you will need
Good Luck & Enjoy your race!!
Want to improve?
To find out more about how Multisport Consultants can help improve your race splits with a specific training program click here, or if you feel you may require a more personalised training program, contact Multisport Consultants for more details.
Latest news from Multisport Consultants
MSC crew Racing over the weekend just gone over 5 different events - In 70.3 Western Sydney – P
Quite a big weekend of racing for MSC athletes just passed as we hit December In Canberra at the
Perfect morning for a ride. Last TT for 2019 and a good showing for it. Mark Preston was fastest tod